Best Dual Fuel Generators
WEN DF475T Dual Fuel Portable Generator
Duromax XP4850EH 3850 Dual Fuel Electric Start
Champion 7500 Watt Dual Fuel Generator
The dual-fuel generators have numerous benefits, and they are worth considering for all kinds of people such as campers, travelers or emergency services. These dual fuel generators provide you with the convenient dual fuels feature that will keep you from suffering an urgent need for fueling up your generator in the middle of a trip. You can save lots of time and worry when you take these generators along with you on your trips outside where there is no electricity available.
The dual-fuel generator uses dual fuels for dual power. It can run on diesel as well as other gas types, which means that it is capable of producing dual power either using liquid fuel or gas fuel at a time. Dual-power generators have an engine and a tank that are able to convert from one type of fuel into another while generating electricity with ease all day long whenever needed. These dual-power generators keep you safe from any voltage fluctuation problems because they offer dual power usage along with dual-fuel conversion for running your tools, appliances or electronics during emergency situations such as storms, blackouts, hurricanes or earthquakes. You will not have to worry about your dual-power electricity supplies if you keep these dual-fuel conversion generators along with you.
Top 5 Best Portable Dual Fuel Generators
The Westinghouse WGen7500DFW is a high power generator with 7500 watts at 7000 RPM and 9,500 watts of peak generating capacity. This rugged and durable generator features an intuitive control panel, powered by a 420cc Westinghouse 4-stroke OHV engine to provide you with years of dependable service. Outlets on the panel have rubber covers for added safety: two 5–20R 120V duplex outlets and one L14-30R 120/240V 30A twist-lock outlet. The product comes complete with a remote start key fob, 12v battery charger, oil, oil funnel, tool kit and user manual so you can get started right out of the box; minimal assembly required.
- Rental return program provided by Westinghouse.
- Runs on dual fuel; can run on gas and propane together.
- Easy to install and start.
- It has remote start capability with a key fob.
- Not enough battery power, so it stops when the battery is low even though there are still propane left in the tank.
- Even after having full tank of propane, the generator stopped in 2 hours with no load.
- Propane runs out fast.
- Generators just don’t last long for such price tag.
- Owners manual not very clear and difficult understand.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
The Champion 3400 Watt Dual Fuel Portable Inverter Generator provides you the convenience of powering your devices up without igniting a gas engine by using electric start. With great features, such as low oil shut off sensor and ease of operation with three positions ignition switch plus battery included, this is everything you need in an RV ready generator to be ready for anything.
You don’t have to worry about noise levels with this ultra-quiet portable inverter that has 59 dBA at 23 ft. frequency 60 hZ as it’s perfect for RVs tailgating or backup power when your home needs it! Whether starting an appliance or two or the whole RV, this product gives you energy independence on any situation…
- Lightweight for its size, perfect for camping, fishing and other outdoor activities.
- It is a large generator for the money that you spend on it compared to others with similar ratings.
- It has an AC plugin as well as DC links which can be helpful in emergency cases of lights out or power loss from storms etc.
- This generator is very easy to start and use even without reading the manual provided by Westinghouse WGen7500DF .
- This dual fuel generator cannot run on natural gas; however, you can buy a conversion kit separately if you want to run it on natural gas.
- Some users commented that this generator is not as quiet as they would like, but remember that this product has been designed to power RVs and therefore, some noise will be expected from it even if it isn’t much.
WEN DF475T Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The WEN DF475T Dual Fuel portable generator provides power without the worry. With electric start, you never have to worry about a “dead arm”. The ability to switch from electricity to LP makes it perfect for transfer switches as well as emergency backup. Easily going up in voltage, this generator is ready to provide energy no matter where you are! Enjoy two GFCI styled outlets and one 12V DC plug-in!
Mention how many hours the product can run before having fuel depleted: 4 gallons will provide 11 hours of half load time.
- Plenty of power and long run time to handle all necessary home chores, even without the AC on.
- The generator does not sit well on its legs or feet. This is due to the fact that it was designed with an open bottom, which makes it vulnerable during rainy season. A little bit of modification can solve this issue though. The best solution is to place a large piece of plywood directly over the unit after adding several pieces of screws for better stability in bad weather conditions like rain or windy days etc.
- Some users have reported that if you let this generator stay unused for some time (for instance more than 2 weeks), this may cause problems when used afterwards. Of course, this seems to be an isolated incident; however, it is recommended to start the generator at least once every two weeks in order for the machine not to have problems when used later.
Duromax XP4850EH 3850 Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator
Duromax garages the competition with their new XP4850EH 3850 Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator. Thanks to a 4,850 starting watt capacity and 3,850 running watt ability, this reliable power source can handle any jobsite need – from powering lights for your evening barbecue to powering all of your tools when working on a huge project in the back forty. The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is built sturdy and runs reliably thanks to its parts-per-million oil filter system. Not only will it serve you well today; but it’ll keep doing work tomorrow too! Duromax offers multiple safety features as well as 30 amps of surge protection – giving no reason not to get one right now.
- Smaller than expected.
- Plenty of power to handle anything a homeowner could throw at it.
- The XP4850EH 3850 Dual Fuel Electric Start Portable Generator does not vibrate much, but some users reported that they noticed a vibration when the generator is running; however, this is an isolated case and can be solved by applying a little bit of oil on all four wheels. This minor flaw has been slightly addressed in the newest model called XP4400EH which has become more stable and powerful compared to its older version. This means that you may have to spend more money if you want the newest model, but it will definitely be worth the price.
- Also, do not forget to purchase an external fuel tank if you do not own one yet. This is intended for a reason and should always be used when transferring fuel to the generator.
Champion 7500 Watt Dual Fuel Generator
The Champion 7500 watt dual fuel generator gives you the power to keep your home and essential appliances up and running when outages strike. This unit features an electric start, low voltage shut down sensors, a 1.2 quart capacity oil tank with included oil filter (and water separator), powerful 8000 starting watts on gasoline/ 3000 running watts on propane and 9375 starting watts on gasoline/ 6750 running watts on propane.
Champion generators also come equipped with an INTELLIGAUGE microprocessor system which monitors voltage input, hertz frequency output as well as run-time hours for convenient monitoring of power output so you know when it’s time to change your spark plug or ignition components, check engine fluids
- Very easy to set up and start using.
- The generator is quiet. You can easily run it inside your garage or use it in your home without worrying that the noise will bother neighbors or family members.
- It has a feature called Low oil shut down which shuts off the machine automatically when the engine oil runs low. This means you won’t wake up one morning to find out your generator broke while running because of its old and weak lubricants.
- Just like with other portable generators, there are also several complaints about this model too. A significant number of users have reported problems with misfiring; while others have complained about failing parts on such machines after only a few months of use.
- Issues such as these prove that you should always read the product reviews to find out whether a particular model is worth your money or not.
Frequently Asked Questions